Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. The department of finance shall have, in addition to any other functions, powers and duties that have been or may be conferred on it by law, the following functions, powers and duties to be exercised in accordance with this title:
(a) to apply a tax abatement;
(b) to revoke all or part of any such tax abatement;
(c) to make and promulgate rules to carry out the purposes of this title; and
(d) any other function, power or duty necessarily implied by this title.
2. A designated agency shall have, in addition to any other functions, powers and duties that have been or may be conferred on it by law, the following functions, powers and duties to be exercised in accordance with this title:
(a) to receive, review, approve and deny applications for tax abatement;
(b) to inspect green roofs and any related structures and equipment;
(c) to prescribe forms and make and promulgate rules to carry out the purposes of this title;
(e) any other function, power or duty necessarily implied by this title.
3. If a designated agency determines that an architect or engineer or other certified or licensed professional whom such agency designates by rule, in making any certification under this title or any rule promulgated hereunder, engaged in professional misconduct, then such department shall so inform the education department or other appropriate certifying or licensing authority.
4. A designated agency may provide for reasonable administrative charges or fees necessary to defray expenses of administering the tax abatement program established by this title.
5. A designated agency and the department of finance shall establish procedures that are necessary or appropriate for (a) the timely notification to the department of finance by a designated agency of an approval of an application for tax abatement or of any noncompliance pursuant to section four hundred ninety-nine-eee of this title and (b) any other interagency coordination to facilitate the purposes of this title.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New York Consolidated Laws, Real Property Tax Law - RPT § 499-fff. Enforcement and administration - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/real-property-tax-law/rpt-sect-499-fff/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.