Subject to appropriation, the commissioner, in consultation with the commissioner
of alcoholism and substance abuse services, is authorized to establish the children
and recovering mothers program, a program aimed at providing health care providers,
hospitals and midwifery birth centers with guidance, education and assistance when
providing care to expectant mothers with a substance use disorder. Such program shall:
1. Provide information to both health care providers as well as expectant mothers
regarding use of medication assisted treatment for pregnant women, which shall include
information regarding buprenorphrine training, tools for providers on effective management
of women with a substance use disorder during pregnancy, and a referral list of providers
in the area;
2. Provide guidance and referral information for substance use disorder services,
home visiting services and other benefits and services that they may be eligible for
while expecting and after birth;
3. Develop a system for rapid consultation and referral linkage services for obstetricians
and primary care providers statewide who provide care for expectant mothers with substance
4. Provide guidance on the identification of signs and symptoms of substance use disorder
in expectant mothers; and
5. Anything else deemed necessary to implement the program.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.