1. The terms of office of all members of each county mosquito control commission,
appointed after the expiration of the first appointment, shall be four years.
2. The members first appointed to the county mosquito control commission by the county
board of supervisors in any district under the provisions of this article shall hold
office respectively for the term of one, two, three and four years.
3. The term of the member appointed by the commissioner shall be four years.
4. Vacancies in such commission occurring by resignation or otherwise, shall be filled
by the county board of supervisors in the manner provided in section one thousand five hundred twenty of this chapter, except any vacancy caused by resignation or otherwise of the member
appointed by the commissioner shall be filled by the commissioner in the manner provided
in section one thousand five hundred twenty of this chapter, and the persons so appointed to fill such vacancies shall be appointed
for the unexpired term only.
5. Before entering upon the duties of his office each commission member shall take
and subscribe an oath or affirmation before the clerk of the county in which is situated
the district in and for which he is appointed to perform faithfully and impartially
the duties of his office, which oath or affirmation shall be filed with such clerk.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.