The following definitions are applicable to this chapter:
1. “Act” means a bodily movement.
2. “Voluntary act” means a bodily movement performed consciously as a result of effort
or determination, and includes the possession of property if the actor was aware of
his physical possession or control thereof for a sufficient period to have been able
to terminate it.
3. “Omission” means a failure to perform an act as to which a duty of performance
is imposed by law.
4. “Conduct” means an act or omission and its accompanying mental state.
5. “To act” means either to perform an act or to omit to perform an act.
6. “Culpable mental state” means “intentionally” or “knowingly” or “recklessly” or
with “criminal negligence,” as these terms are defined in section 15.05.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.