Whenever used in this article, unless a different meaning clearly appears from the
context, the terms listed below shall have the following meanings:
1. “Niagara river greenway” or “greenway” shall mean a linear system of state and local parks and conservation areas linked
by a network of multi use trails within the greenway area established by an approved
plan of the commission as provided for in this article.
2. “Niagara river greenway commission” or “commission” shall mean the Niagara river greenway commission created pursuant to this article.
3. “Municipality” means a county, city, town, village or local public benefit corporation located
adjacent to the Niagara river.
4. “Chief elected official” shall mean the chief executive officer of a municipality, or if there is none, any
other officer possessing similar powers and duties.
5. “Conservation area or areas” shall mean lands which are of ecological or recreational importance but shall not
include state or local parks. Such lands may include but are not limited to wetlands, preserves, trails, riverfront
walks and such private lands as may be dedicated by the land owner for the purposes
of the greenway.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.