New York Consolidated Laws, Labor Law - LAB § 930. Definitions
Search New York Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
As used in this article:
1. “Department” means the department of labor.
2. “Mold” means any indoor multi-cellular fungi growth capable of creating toxins that can cause pulmonary, respiratory, neurological or other major illnesses after minimal exposure, as such exposure is defined by the environmental protection agency, centers for disease control and prevention, national institute of health, or other federal, state, or local agency organized to study and/or protect human health.
3. “Mold remediation” means conducting the business of removal, cleaning, sanitizing, or surface disinfection of mold, mold containment, and waste handling of mold and materials used to remove mold from surfaces by a business enterprise, including but not limited to, sole proprietorships. Mold remediation for the purposes of this article shall not include remediation of the underlying sources of moisture that may be the cause of mold that requires expertise not specific to acts authorized under this article.
4. “Mold assessment” means an inspection or assessment of real property that is designed to discover mold, conditions that facilitate mold, indicia of conditions that are likely to facilitate mold, or any combination thereof.
5. “Mold abatement” means the act of removal, cleaning, sanitizing, or surface disinfection of mold, mold containment, and waste handling of mold and materials used to remove mold from surfaces by an individual.
6. “Project” means mold remediation, mold assessment, or mold abatement, of areas greater than ten square feet, but does not include (a) routine cleaning or (b) construction, maintenance, repair or demolition of buildings, structures or fixtures undertaken for purposes other than mold remediation or abatement.
7. “Commissioner” means the commissioner of the department of labor.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New York Consolidated Laws, Labor Law - LAB § 930. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/labor-law/lab-sect-930/
Was this helpful?