New York Consolidated Laws, Judiciary Law - JUD § 81. Associate justice of appellate division to preside in absence of presiding justice
Search New York Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
If the presiding justice is not present at the sitting of the appellate division, the associate justice presiding in the department having served the longest time as such, or, if two are present who have served the same length of time, the elder of them must act as presiding justice until a presiding justice attends.
§ 605-605. Illinois Product and Services Exchange Law.
(a) This Section may be cited as the Illinois Product and Services Exchange Law.
(b) It is hereby found and declared that many large Illinois firms and government agencies are purchasing products and services from vendors in locations other than Illinois, and that there is a need to assist those large businesses and government agencies in locating Illinois vendors who can provide those products and services of equal quality and at comparable or lower costs; it is further found and declared that the purchase of needed products and services within the State by large firms and government agencies would aid the survival and expansion of small businesses in Illinois and help to strengthen the State's economy.
(c) As used in this Section, “Illinois Product and Services Exchange” means a program aimed at promoting the purchase of goods and services produced in Illinois by firms and government agencies within the State.
(d) The Department shall have the authority to establish and administer an Illinois Product and Services Exchange Program, which may include, but is not limited to, the following powers and duties:
(1) To accept grants, loans, or appropriations from the federal government or the State or any agency or instrumentality thereof, and to assess fees for any services performed under the Illinois Product and Services Exchange Program, to carry out the Program.
(2) To form an Illinois Product and Services Exchange Council, made up of Illinois large firms and small firms to provide advice and counsel in directing a statewide Product and Services Exchange Program.
(3) To publicize and advertise to Illinois firms and government agencies the importance and benefits of buying goods and services provided by vendors located within the State.
(4) To secure the cooperation of Illinois' large firms, federal, State, and local governments, non-profit agencies, and others to carry out this program.
(5) To match the needs for products and services of business firms and government agencies with the capabilities of small Illinois firms that can provide those needed goods and services.
(6) To hold purchasing agent seminars, fairs, conferences, and workshops to aid small Illinois businesses in obtaining contracts for goods and services from larger firms and government agencies within the State.
(7) To assist business firms and government agencies to analyze their buying activities and to find ways to carry out those activities in an effective and economical manner, while promoting subcontract activity with small Illinois firms.
(8) To establish manual and electronic buying directories, including stand alone computer data bases that list qualified vendors and procurement opportunities.
(9) To promote through other means the use by government agencies and large businesses of products and services produced by small Illinois firms.
(10) To subcontract, grant funds, or otherwise participate with qualified private firms, existing procurement centers, or other organizations that have designed programs, approved in accordance with procedures determined by the Department, that are aimed at assisting small Illinois firms obtain contracts for products and services from local government agencies and large Illinois businesses.
(11) To develop and administer guidelines for projects that provide assistance to the Department in connection with the Illinois Product and Services Exchange Program.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New York Consolidated Laws, Judiciary Law - JUD § 81. Associate justice of appellate division to preside in absence of presiding justice - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/judiciary-law/jud-sect-81/
Was this helpful?