Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The secretary shall have the following functions, powers and duties:
1. To advise the governor and agencies of state government concerning planning, programs and policies for the achievement of wise use of the land and water resources of coastal areas and inland waterways, giving full consideration to ecological, cultural, historic, aesthetic values and the needs for economic development and to encourage public and private institutions to preserve, protect, enhance, develop and use coastal and inland waterway resources in a manner consistent with the purposes and policies of this article.
2. To evaluate and make recommendations on federal, state and local programs and legislation relating to coastal and inland waterway resources issues;
3. To review and approve acceptable waterfront revitalization programs as herein provided;
4. To review, evaluate and issue recommendations and opinions concerning programs and actions of state agencies which may have the potential to affect the policies and purposes of this article, including but not limited to, programs within the jurisdiction of the departments of state, agriculture and markets, environmental conservation, public service, commerce and transportation, the offices of energy and parks and recreation and the office of general services.
5. To enter into contracts with any person, firm, corporation, municipality or governmental agency;
6. To adopt, amend or rescind such rules and regulations as may be necessary or convenient to the performance of the functions, powers and duties of the secretary; and
7. To do all other things necessary or convenient to carry out the functions, powers and duties expressly set forth in this article or as may from time to time be confined upon the secretary by the legislature of the state.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New York Consolidated Laws, Executive Law - EXC § 913. Functions; powers and duties - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/executive-law/exc-sect-913/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.