New York Consolidated Laws, Environmental Conservation Law - ENV § 55-0105. Purpose
Search New York Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
It is the purpose of this article to:
1. Establish procedures for the designation of special groundwater protection areas within designated sole source aquifer areas contained within counties having a population of one million or more;
2. Acknowledge the variations in hydrogeology, water quality, and land uses within designated areas, and the existence of certain areas which are of vital importance in maintaining water quality in the designated sole source aquifer area;
3. Assure that such vital areas within designated sole source aquifer areas are protected and managed in such a way as to maintain or improve existing water quality;
4. Establish procedures for the development and implementation of a site-specific comprehensive management plan for each designated special groundwater protection area;
5. Initiate the implementation of a portion of the state groundwater management program using the Long Island sole source aquifer region as a model for future state-wide application; and
6. Establish guidelines for federal-state cooperation in the planning, funding and implementation of special groundwater protection area plans.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New York Consolidated Laws, Environmental Conservation Law - ENV § 55-0105. Purpose - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/environmental-conservation-law/env-sect-55-0105/
Was this helpful?