Skip to main content

New York Consolidated Laws, Environmental Conservation Law - ENV § 15-0805. Regulation of reservoir releases

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

1. The commissioner is authorized and directed to promulgate rules and regulations as expeditiously as possible but in no event later than the first day of April, nineteen hundred seventy-seven for releases from Schoharie reservoir through the Shandaken tunnel and for releases from Neversink, Pepacton and Cannonsville reservoirs, nor later than the first day of October, nineteen hundred seventy-eight for releases from the remaining impounding reservoirs, to carry out the policy set out in this title consistent with the findings and policies set out in this article.

2. Without limiting the foregoing, such rules and regulations may include provisions respecting the volume, timing and rate of change in volume of releases of water, monitoring, maintenance of records, inspection of records and premises, reporting and investigations by representatives of the department, may vary from time to time, on a seasonal basis and from reservoir to reservoir and shall include provisions to insure that an adequate supply of water for power production and for any municipality which uses water from such reservoir for drinking and other purposes will not be impaired, to provide for the public health and safety in the event of drought or other emergency conditions and shall be promulgated only after affected municipalities are provided an opportunity for consultation.

Cite this article: - New York Consolidated Laws, Environmental Conservation Law - ENV § 15-0805. Regulation of reservoir releases - last updated January 01, 2021 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Was this helpful?

Thank you. Your response has been sent.

Copied to clipboard