New York Consolidated Laws, Election Law - ELN § 2-102. State committee; creation
Search New York Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. The members of the state committee of each party shall be elected from such units of representation as the state committee shall by rule provide. The number of members representing each unit may vary, but each member shall be entitled to an equal vote within his unit. Each member of the state committee shall be entitled to cast one vote unless the rules of the party shall provide otherwise.
2. Each member shall be, at the time of his election and continuously thereafter, an enrolled member of the party and a resident of the unit from which he is elected except as hereinafter provided.
3. To be eligible for election as a member of the state committee at the first election next ensuing after a readjustment or alteration of the units of representation becomes effective, a candidate must only have been a resident of the county in which the unit, or any part thereof, is contained for the twelve months immediately preceding the election.
4. The state committee may provide by rule for equal representation of the sexes on said committee. When any such rule provides for equal representation of the sexes, the designating petitions and primary ballots shall list candidates for such party positions separately by sexes.
5. The state committee may provide for the holding of a state convention and the election of delegates and alternate delegates thereto in any year and may empower such convention to adopt party platforms and policies and to transact such other business as it may prescribe.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New York Consolidated Laws, Election Law - ELN § 2-102. State committee; creation - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/election-law/eln-sect-2-102/
Was this helpful?