New York Consolidated Laws, Education Law - EDN § 8606-a. Requirements for certification as a histological technician
Search New York Codes
Search by Keyword or Citation
For certification as a histological technician under this article, an applicant shall fulfill the following requirements:
1. Application: file an application with the department;
2. Education: have received an education, including an associate's degree from an approved histological technician program registered by the department or determined by the department to be the substantial equivalent, or have received an associate's degree that includes a minimum number of credit hours in the sciences and received appropriate clinical education in a histological technician program approved by the department or a program to be determined by the department to be the substantial equivalent;
3. Examination: pass an examination satisfactory to the board and in accordance with the commissioner's regulations;
4. Age: be at least eighteen years of age;
5. Character: be of good moral character as determined by the department; and
6. Fees: pay a fee of one hundred twenty-five dollars for an initial certification and a fee of one hundred twenty dollars for each triennial registration period.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New York Consolidated Laws, Education Law - EDN § 8606-a. Requirements for certification as a histological technician - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ny/education-law/edn-sect-8606-a/
Was this helpful?