When used in this chapter, unless otherwise expressly stated, or unless the context
or subject matter otherwise requires:
1. “Department” means the state department of agriculture and markets;
2. “Commissioner” means the commissioner of agriculture and markets.
3. The terms “food” and food “products,” shall include all articles of food, drink,
confectionery or condiment, whether simple, mixed or compound, used or intended for
use by man or animals, and shall also include all substances or ingredients to be
added to food for any purpose;
4. The production of foods means the producing of food upon the farm or elsewhere
by the tillage of the soil, the commercial raising, shearing, feeding and management
of animals or other agricultural, horticultural, ranching or dairying processes and
shall also include the manufacture of foods.
5. “Farm product” means any agricultural, dairy or horticultural product, or any product
designed for food manufactured or prepared principally from an agricultural, dairy
or horticultural product and the commercial raising, shearing, feeding and management
of animals on a ranch.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.