1. The words “nursery stock” shall apply to and include all trees, shrubs, plants
and vines and parts thereof.
2. The words “insect pests” mean insects injurious to plant and plant products.
3. The words “plant and plant products” mean trees, shrubs, vines, annuals, biennials,
perennials, vegetables, fruit, forage and cereal plants and all other plant cuttings,
grafts, scions, buds and all other parts of plants, and fruit, vegetables, roots,
bulbs, seeds, wood and lumber.
4. The words “plant diseases” mean fungi, bacteria, nematodes, viruses and plant parasites
injurious to plants and plant products, and the pathological condition in plants and
plant products caused by fungi, bacteria, nematodes, viruses and plant parasites.
5. The word “nursery” means the grounds and premises, private or public, on or in
which nursery stock is propagated, grown or cultivated for the purpose of distribution
or selling the same as a business and shall include grounds or premises owned, leased
or managed by the state or any agency of the state government, and the owner or operator
of such business shall be a “nursery grower”; provided, however, that the term “nursery
grower” shall not include persons engaged in the part-time production of plant products
not sold in the regular channels of business.
6. The words “nursery dealer” mean any person, firm, partnership, association or corporation
not a grower or an original producer of nursery stock in this state which or who buys,
or acquires, or receives on consignment nursery stock for the purpose of reselling,
transporting, or otherwise disposing of the same.
7. The word “soil” means the commonly accepted medium or other medium in which plants
are grown and which is or may be capable of harboring or transmitting insect pests
and plant diseases.
8. The words “indoor plants” mean plants which are used for decorative purposes because
of their flowering, fruiting or foliar characteristics and which cannot be grown and
maintained throughout all seasons in the outdoor environment of this state.
9. The words “noxious weeds” means any living stage (including but not limited to,
seeds and reproductive parts) of any parasitic or other plant of a kind, or subdivision
of a kind, which is of foreign origin, is new to or not widely prevalent in this state,
and can directly or indirectly injure crops, other useful plants, livestock, or poultry
or other interests of agriculture, including irrigation.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.