Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. Except as otherwise provided in this section and NRS 104.9309, a security interest is perfected if it has attached and all of the applicable requirements for perfection in NRS 104.9310 to 104.9316, inclusive, have been satisfied. A security interest is perfected when it attaches if the applicable requirements are satisfied before the security interest attaches.
2. An agricultural lien is perfected if it has become effective and all of the applicable requirements for perfection in NRS 104.9310 have been satisfied. An agricultural lien is perfected when it becomes effective if the applicable requirements are satisfied before the agricultural lien becomes effective.
3. A security interest or agricultural lien is perfected continuously if it is originally perfected in one manner under this article and is later perfected in another manner under this article, without an intermediate period when it was unperfected.
4. Perfection of a security interest in collateral also perfects a security interest in a supporting obligation for the collateral.
5. Perfection of a security interest in a right to payment or performance also perfects a security interest in a security interest, mortgage, or other lien on personal or real property securing the right.
6. Perfection of a security interest in a securities account also perfects a security interest in the security entitlements carried in the securities account.
7. Perfection of a security interest in a commodity account also perfects a security interest in the commodity contracts carried in the commodity account.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nevada Revised Statutes Title 8. Commercial Instruments and Transactions § 104.9308. When security interest or agricultural lien is perfected; continuity of perfection - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nv/title-8-commercial-instruments-and-transactions/nv-rev-st-104-9308/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.