1. If a person fails to obtain a state business license and pay the fee required pursuant
to NRS 76.100 before conducting a business in this State and the person is:
(a) An entity required to file an annual list with the Secretary of State pursuant
to this title, the person:
(1) Shall pay a penalty of $100 in addition to the annual state business license fee
for each year in which the entity fails to obtain a state business license;
(2) Shall be deemed to have not complied with the requirement to file an annual list
with the Secretary of State; and
(3) Is subject to all applicable provisions relating to the failure to file an annual
list, including, without limitation, the provisions governing default and revocation
of its charter or right to transact business in this State, except that the person
is required to pay the penalty set forth in subparagraph (1) of paragraph (a).
(b) Not an entity required to file an annual list with the Secretary of State, the
person shall pay a penalty in the amount of $100 in addition to the annual state business
license fee for each year in which the person has conducted business in this State
without a state business license.
2. The Secretary of State may refuse to issue a state business license to a person
that has failed to pay the fees and penalties required by this chapter.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.