A service contract as defined in NRS 696A.070 shall not be executed, issued or delivered in this state unless it contains the following:
1. The exact corporate or other name of the club.
2. The exact location of its home office and of its usual place of business in this
state, giving street number and city.
3. A provision that the contract may be cancelled at any time by either the club or
the holder, and that the holder will, if the holder has actually paid the consideration,
thereupon be entitled to the unused portion of the consideration paid for such contract,
calculated on a pro rata basis over the period of the contract, without any deductions.
4. A provision plainly specifying:
(a) The services promised.
(b) That the holder will not be required to pay any sum, in addition to the amount
specified in the contract, for any services thus specified.
(c) The territory wherein such services are to be rendered.
(d) The date when such service will commence.
5. A statement in not less than 14-point modern type at the head of the contract stating,
“This is not an insurance contract.”
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.