“Member insurer” means an insurer which is licensed or holds a certificate of authority to transact
in this state any kind of insurance for which coverage is provided in this chapter
or a health maintenance organization which holds a certificate of authority to operate
in this State. The term includes an insurer or health maintenance organization whose license or
certificate of authority in this state has been suspended, revoked, not renewed or
voluntarily withdrawn. The term does not include:
1. A fraternal benefit society;
2. A mandatory state pooling plan;
3. A mutual assessment company or other person that operates on the basis of assessments;
4. An insurance exchange;
5. An organization that is authorized only to issue charitable gift annuities under
NRS 688A.281 to 688A.285, inclusive;
6. A reinsurance program operated by the State Government; or
7. An organization similar to any of those listed in subsections 1 to 6, inclusive.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.