1. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 2, a licensee may not conduct the business
of administering escrows for compensation within any office, suite, room or place
of business in which any other business is solicited or engaged in, except a notary
public, or in association or conjunction with any other business, unless authority
to do so is given by the Commissioner.
2. A licensee may conduct the business of administering escrows pursuant to this chapter
in the same office or place of business as a mortgage company if:
(a) The licensee and the mortgage company:
(1) Operate as separate legal entities;
(2) Maintain separate accounts, books and records;
(3) Are subsidiaries of the same parent corporation; and
(4) Maintain separate licenses; and
(b) The mortgage company is licensed by this state pursuant to chapter 645B of NRS.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.