Nevada Revised Statutes Title 44. Aeronautics § 496.230. Joint board of public agencies: Members, number and term; powers; expenditures; eminent domain
Search Nevada Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
1. Public agencies acting jointly pursuant to this chapter shall create a joint board which shall consist of members appointed by the governing body of each participating public agency. The number to be appointed, their term and compensation, if any, shall be provided for in the joint agreement.
2. Each joint board shall organize, select officers for terms to be fixed by the agreement, and adopt and amend from time to time rules for its own procedure.
3. The joint board shall have power:
(a) To plan, acquire, establish, develop, construct, enlarge, improve, maintain, equip, operate, regulate, protect and police any airport or air navigation facility or any other facilities appertaining to the airport or airport hazard to be jointly acquired, controlled and operated.
(b) To contract or otherwise provide, by condemnation if necessary, for the removal of any airport hazard or the removal or the relocation of all private structures, railways, mains, pipes, conduits, wires, cables, poles and other facilities and equipment which may interfere with the location, expansion, development or improvement of such airports, restricted landing areas, other air navigation facilities, and any other facilities appertaining to the airport, or with the safe approach thereto or takeoff therefrom by aircraft.
(c) To pay the cost of removal or relocation.
4. The board may exercise on behalf of its constituent public agencies all the powers of each with respect to such airport, air navigation facility, or other facilities, or airport hazard, subject to the limitations of this section.
5. The total expenditures to be made by the joint board for any purpose in any calendar year shall be determined by a budget approved by the governing bodies of its constituent public agencies on or before the preceding December 1.
6. No airport, air navigation facility, other facilities, airport hazard, or real or personal property, the cost of which is in excess of sums therefor fixed by the joint agreement or allotted in the annual budget, may be acquired by the joint board; but the agencies exercising such power shall, in addition to the damage for the taking, injury or destruction of property, also pay the cost of removal or relocation of any structure, railways, mains, pipes, conduits, wires, cables, poles or any public utility which is required to be moved to a new location without the approval of the governing bodies of its constituent public agencies.
7. Eminent domain proceedings under this section may be instituted only by authority of the governing bodies of the constituent public agencies of the joint board. If so authorized, proceedings shall be instituted in the names of the constituent public agencies jointly, and the property so acquired shall be held by the public agencies as tenants in common until conveyed by them to the joint board.
8. The joint board shall not dispose of any airport, air navigation facility, other facilities, or real property under its jurisdiction except with the consent of the governing bodies of its constituent public agencies; but the joint board may, without such consent, enter into the contract, lease or other arrangements contemplated by NRS 496.090.
9. Any resolutions, rules, regulations or orders of the joint board dealing with subjects authorized by NRS 496.130 shall become effective only upon approval of the governing bodies of the constituent public agencies; but upon such approval, the resolutions, rules, regulations or orders of the joint board shall have the same force and effect in the territories or jurisdictions involved as the ordinances, resolutions, rules, regulations or orders of each public agency would have in its own territory or jurisdiction.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nevada Revised Statutes Title 44. Aeronautics § 496.230. Joint board of public agencies: Members, number and term; powers; expenditures; eminent domain - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nv/title-44-aeronautics/nv-rev-st-496-230/
Was this helpful?