Nevada Revised Statutes Title 42. Protection from Fire; Explosives § 477.150. Fire sprinklers; elevators; posting of floor numbers and route for evacuation; heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and paging systems
Search Nevada Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
The owner or operator of every hotel, motel, office, apartment building or condominium where human occupancy is permitted on floors which are more than 55 feet above the lowest level of ground accessible to vehicles of a fire department, shall:
1. Equip each exit corridor of the building with fire sprinklers as required by regulations of the State Fire Marshal;
2. Except in a condominium, equip each room with at least one fire sprinkler above each door opening into an exit corridor of the building;
3. Equip every elevator so as to permit it to be recalled automatically, in compliance with section A 17.1 of the 1978 edition of the American National Standards Institute and section 211.3 of the 1981 amendments to that edition, to the first floor or, if necessary, to any other floor of the building not affected by fire;
4. Post the number of each floor in every stairwell and in every lobby adjacent to an elevator;
5. Equip the heating, ventilating and air-conditioning system with an automatic device to shut it off as prescribed in section 1009 of the 1979 edition of the Uniform Mechanical Code, and with an additional smoke detector as required by the 1978 edition of National Fire Protection Association Standard 90A; and
6. In each room primarily used for sleeping, except in a condominium:
(a) Post in a prominent location an explanation of the route to use for evacuation of the building; and
(b) Install a paging alarm system which conforms to the regulations of the State Fire Marshal, to permit vocal warning and instructions to the occupants.
7. In a condominium, install in the common areas a paging alarm system meeting the requirements of paragraph (b) of subsection 6, with a sound level of 80 decibels.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nevada Revised Statutes Title 42. Protection from Fire; Explosives § 477.150. Fire sprinklers; elevators; posting of floor numbers and route for evacuation; heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and paging systems - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nv/title-42-protection-from-fire-explosives/nv-rev-st-477-150/
Was this helpful?