Nevada Revised Statutes Title 41. Gaming; Horse Racing; Sporting Events § 463.311. Emergency order of Commission
Search Nevada Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
The Commission may issue an emergency order for suspension, limitation or conditioning of a license, registration, finding of suitability, pari-mutuel license or prior approval, or may issue an emergency order requiring a licensed gaming establishment to keep an individual licensee from the premises of the licensed gaming establishment or not to pay such licensee any remuneration for services or any profits, income or accruals on the investment of the licensee in the licensed gaming establishment in the following manner:
1. An emergency order may be issued only when the Commission believes that:
(b) Such action is necessary to prevent a violation of NRS 465.083;
(c) There has been a violation of subsection 1 of NRS 463.160; or
(d) Such action is necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health, safety, morals, good order or general welfare.
2. The emergency order must set forth the grounds upon which it is issued, including a statement of facts constituting the alleged emergency necessitating such action.
3. An emergency order may be issued only with the approval of and upon signature by not less than three members of the Commission.
4. The emergency order is effective immediately upon issuance and service upon the licensee or registered agent of the licensee or, in cases involving registrations, findings of suitability, pari-mutuel licenses or any prior approval, upon issuance and service upon the person or entity involved or registered agent of the entity involved. The emergency order may suspend, limit, condition or take other action in relation to the license of one or more persons in an operation without affecting other individual licensees or the licensed gaming establishment. The emergency order remains effective until further order of the Commission or final disposition of the case.
5. Within 5 days after issuance of an emergency order, the Commission shall cause a complaint to be filed and served upon the person or entity involved in accordance with the provisions of NRS 463.312.
6. Thereafter, the person or entity against whom the emergency order has been issued and served is entitled to a hearing before the Commission in accordance with NRS 463.312 to 463.3145, inclusive, and to judicial review of the decision and order of the Commission thereon in accordance with NRS 463.315 to 463.318, inclusive.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nevada Revised Statutes Title 41. Gaming; Horse Racing; Sporting Events § 463.311. Emergency order of Commission - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nv/title-41-gaming-horse-racing-sporting-events/nv-rev-st-463-311/
Was this helpful?