Nevada Revised Statutes Title 40. Public Health and Safety § 454.010. “Poison” defined
Search Nevada Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
As used in NRS 454.010 to 454.170, inclusive, “poison” means any substance having an inherent deleterious property which when internally or externally applied to the body of a human or animal is capable of causing damage to the tissues, destroying the action of vital functions of the body or causing death, and includes the compositions of the following schedules:
1. Aconite, belladonna, cantharadis and nux vomica.
2. Alkaloids and derivatives.
3. Antiseptic tablets containing corrosive sublimate.
4. Arsenic, its compounds and preparations.
5. Corrosive sublimate.
6. Cyanide of potassium.
7. Hydrocyanic acid.
8. Oils of croton.
9. Phosphorus and its poisonous derivatives or compounds.
10. Rue and tansy.
11. Sodium fluoracetate and preparations.
12. Strophanthus or its preparations.
14. Zinc phosphide and preparations.
15. All compounds, preparations or products, other than cosmetics, which contain any of the following poisons as the primary solvent or in amounts capable of causing intoxication or harmful physical effects if inhaled, absorbed or ingested:
(a) Ethyl acetate.
(b) Isobutyl ketone.
(c) Methyl cellulose acetate.
(d) Methyl ethyl ketone.
3. Cocculus indicus or its preparations.
7. Hydrochloric or muriatic acid.
8. Nitric acid.
9. Oils of savin and pennyroyal.
10. Oxalic acid.
11. Solution of formaldehyde or formalin.
12. Sugar of lead.
13. Sulfate of zinc.
14. Sulfuric acid.
15. Tartar emetic and other derivatives of antimony.
17. Wood alcohol or methanol.
1. Carbon tetrachloride or any preparation in which it is used as the primary solvent.
2. Any preparation or substance which contains any of the poisons listed in Schedule “A” or “B” in amounts capable of causing harmful physical effects if inhaled, absorbed or ingested, when such products or preparations are intended and designed for agricultural, commercial, economic, industrial or household use, and are labeled in compliance with the provisions of NRS 454.020 and 454.080.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nevada Revised Statutes Title 40. Public Health and Safety § 454.010. “Poison” defined - last updated January 01, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nv/title-40-public-health-and-safety/nv-rev-st-454-010/
Was this helpful?