Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The provisions of NRS 445B.800 do not apply to:
1. Transfer of registration or ownership between:
(a) Spouses; or
(b) Companies whose principal business is leasing of vehicles, if there is no change in the lessee or operator of the vehicle.
2. Motor vehicles which are subject to prorated registration pursuant to the provisions of NRS 706.801 to 706.861, inclusive, and which are not based in this State.
3. Transfer of registration if evidence of compliance was issued within 90 days before the transfer.
4. Transfer of registration from a vehicle dealer or new vehicle dealer to any person who buys or exchanges an interest in a motor vehicle if evidence of compliance was issued within 180 days before the transfer.
5. A consignee who is conducting a consignment auction which meets the requirements set forth in NRS 445B.807 if the consignee:
(a) Informs the buyer, using a form, including, without limitation, an electronic form, if applicable, as approved by the Department of Motor Vehicles, that the consignee is not required to obtain an inspection or testing of the motor vehicle pursuant to the regulations adopted by the Commission under NRS 445B.770 and that any such inspection or testing that is required must be obtained by the buyer before the buyer registers the motor vehicle;
(b) Posts a notice in a conspicuous location at the site of the consignment auction or, if applicable, on the Internet website on which the consignment auction is conducted, and includes a notice in any document published by the consignee that lists the vehicles available for the consignment auction or solicits persons to bid at the consignment auction, stating that the consignee is exempt from any requirement to obtain an inspection or testing of a motor vehicle pursuant to the regulations adopted by the Commission under NRS 445B.770 if the motor vehicle is sold at the consignment auction; and
(c) Makes the vehicle available for inspection before the consignment auction:
(1) In the case of a live auction with an auctioneer verbally calling for and accepting bids, at the location of the consignment auction; or
(2) In the case of an auction that is conducted on an auction website on the Internet by a consignee who is certified pursuant to subsection 2 of NRS 445B.807, at the primary place of business of the consignee conducting the consignment auction.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nevada Revised Statutes Title 40. Public Health and Safety § 445B.805. Evidence of compliance: Exemptions from requirements; requirements for notice and availability for inspection - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nv/title-40-public-health-and-safety/nv-rev-st-445b-805/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?