Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. Each member of the Board of Regents is entitled to receive a salary of $80 for each meeting of the Board that he or she attends.
2. Each member of the Board of Regents is entitled to receive in attending meetings of the Board, or while on Board of Regents' business within the State:
(a) A per diem expense allowance not to exceed the greater of:
(1) The rate of $60; or
(2) The maximum rate established by the Federal Government for the locality in which the travel is performed.
(b) The travel allowance provided for state officers and employees generally.
3. If an account is established for a member of the Board of Regents to pay for hosting expenditures of the member:
(a) The annual expenditures from the account may not exceed $2,500.
(b) The account may be used only to pay for activities that are directly related to the duties of the member of the Board of Regents, including reasonable expenses for meals, beverages and small gifts. The account must not be used to pay for expenses associated with attending a sporting event or a political fundraising event.
(c) The member of the Board of Regents must submit a monthly report of expenditures from the account to the Chancellor of the System. The report must include, without limitation, the amount of money expended from the account, the specific purpose and activity for which the money was expended and, if applicable, the person for whom the money was expended.
(d) The Chancellor of the System shall compile the monthly reports into an annual report on or before January 30 of each year. The monthly reports and annual reports are public records and must be made available for public inspection.
4. As used in this section, “hosting expenditures” means reasonable expenses by or on behalf of a member of the Board of Regents who is conducting business activities necessary to provide a benefit to the System by establishing goodwill, promoting programs of the System or otherwise advancing the mission of the System.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nevada Revised Statutes Title 34. Education § 396.070. Salaries and expenses of Regents; restrictions on account to pay for hosting expenditures of Regent; annual report and availability of hosting expenditures - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nv/title-34-education/nv-rev-st-396-070/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?