<Section effective until June 30, 2049. See, also, NRS 281.129 effective July 1, 2049. >
1. Any officer of the State, except the Legislative Fiscal Officer, who disburses
money in payment of salaries and wages of officers and employees of the State:
(a) May, upon written requests of the officer or employee specifying amounts, withhold
those amounts and pay them to:
(1) Charitable organizations;
(2) Employee credit unions;
(3) Except as otherwise provided in paragraph (c), insurers;
(4) The United States for the purchase of savings bonds and similar obligations of
the United States; and
(5) Except as otherwise provided in NRS 288.545, employee organizations and labor organizations.
(b) May, in accordance with an agreement entered into pursuant to NRS 701A.450 between the Director of the Office of Energy and the officer or employee specifying
amounts, withhold those amounts and pay them to the Director of the Office of Energy
for credit to the Renewable Energy Account created by NRS 701A.450.
(c) Shall, upon receipt of information from the Public Employees' Benefits Program
specifying amounts of premiums or contributions for coverage by the Program, withhold
those amounts from the salaries or wages of officers and employees who participate
in the Program and pay those amounts to the Program.
2. The State Controller may adopt regulations necessary to withhold money from the
salaries or wages of officers and employees of the Executive Department.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.