Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. Any agency of the State or any political subdivision may request of and receive from the Federal Bureau of Investigation information on the background and personal history of any person:
(a) Who has applied to it for a license as required by any statute or local ordinance which it has the power to grant or deny;
(b) With whom it intends to enter into a relationship of employment or a contract for personal services;
(c) Who has applied to it to attend an academy for training peace officers approved by the Peace Officers' Standards and Training Commission; or
(d) About whom it is authorized by law to have accurate personal information for the protection of the agency or the people within its jurisdiction.
2. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 3:
(a) To request and receive information from the Federal Bureau of Investigation concerning a person pursuant to subsection 1, the agency or political subdivision must:
(1) Require the person to submit a complete set of his or her fingerprints; and
(2) Forward the fingerprints to the Central Repository for Nevada Records of Criminal History for submission to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for its report.
(b) Only the Central Repository may:
(1) Receive fingerprints from an agency of the State or any political subdivision for submission to the Federal Bureau of Investigation pursuant to this section;
(2) Submit those fingerprints to the Federal Bureau of Investigation; and
(3) Receive a report from the Federal Bureau of Investigation based on the submission of those fingerprints.
3. If an agency or political subdivision that wishes to request and receive information from the Federal Bureau of Investigation concerning a person pursuant to subsection 1 is required by federal law to comply with specific procedures to request and receive such information from the Federal Bureau of Investigation:
(a) The provisions of subsection 2 do not apply to the agency or political subdivision; and
(b) The agency or political subdivision must comply with the specific procedures required by federal law.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nevada Revised Statutes Title 19. Miscellaneous Matters Related to Government and Public Affairs § 239B.010. Request by agency of State or political subdivision for information on certain persons from Federal Bureau of Investigation - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nv/title-19-miscellaneous-matters-related-to-government-and-public-affairs/nv-rev-st-239b-010/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.