Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. The month of April of each year is designated as “Paleontological Awareness Month” in this State.
2. The Governor shall issue annually a proclamation encouraging the observance of Paleontological Awareness Month. The proclamation may, without limitation:
(a) Call upon state and local officers, private nonprofit groups and foundations, schools, businesses and other public and private entities to work toward the goal of preserving the paleontological resources of this State;
(b) Recognize the important contribution of prehistoric fossils and other paleontological sites to the history of this State; and
(c) Recognize the importance of specific paleontological sites in this State, including, without limitation:
(1) Berlin-Ichthyosaur State Park as one of North America's most abundant concentrations of Ichthyosaur fossils;
(2) Tule Springs in southern Nevada as an area well known in the scientific community as one of the best Pleistocene paleontological sites in the western United States and an area in which the fossil remains of many extinct animals have been found, including, without limitation, ground sloths, mammoths, prehistoric horses, giant American lions, giant bison, llamas and American camels; and
(3) Other specific paleontological sites located throughout this State.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nevada Revised Statutes Title 19. Miscellaneous Matters Related to Government and Public Affairs § 236.085. Paleontological Awareness Month - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nv/title-19-miscellaneous-matters-related-to-government-and-public-affairs/nv-rev-st-236-085/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.