Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. Except as otherwise provided in this section and NRS 219.025, the Commissioners are:
(a) The Legislative Counsel;
(b) Two members of the faculty of the William S. Boyd School of Law of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas; and
(c) Not more than four attorneys licensed to practice law in the State of Nevada appointed by the Legislative Commission.
2. The Legislative Commission shall appoint:
(a) Attorneys who are Legislators to fill the appointive positions created pursuant to paragraph (c) of subsection 1 if attorneys are available in the Legislature to fill those positions.
(b) Two members of the faculty of the William S. Boyd School of Law of the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, from a list submitted to the Legislative Commission by the Dean of the Law School. Each member so appointed serves for a term of 4 years.
3. The Legislative Counsel may appoint not more than two additional Commissioners from the attorneys employed by the Legislative Counsel Bureau, upon approval of the Legislative Commission.
4. The National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws is hereby declared to be a joint governmental agency of this State.
5. It is a function of the Commissioners to carry forward the participation of the State of Nevada in the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws. Annual dues must be paid to that organization to the extent of legislative appropriation.
6. The Legislative Counsel shall notify the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws whenever a Commissioner is appointed pursuant to this section.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nevada Revised Statutes Title 17. State Legislative Department § 219.020. Designation and function of Commissioners; National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws declared joint governmental agency; payment of annual dues - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nv/title-17-state-legislative-department/nv-rev-st-219-020/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.