Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
A. The organizer or organizers of a limited liability company shall file with the commission [secretary of state]:
(1) the signed original of the articles of organization, together with a duplicate copy, which may be either signed, photocopied or conformed;
(2) the statement of the person appointed registered agent, accepting appointment as registered agent; and
(3) any other documents required to be filed pursuant to the Limited Liability Company Act.
B. The commission [secretary of state] may accept a facsimile transmission for filing.
C. If the commission [secretary of state] determines that the documents delivered for filing conform with the provisions of the Limited Liability Company Act, it shall, when all required filing fees have been paid:
(1) endorse on each signed original and duplicate copy the word “filed” and the date of its acceptance for filing;
(2) retain a signed original in the files of the secretary of state; and
(3) return each duplicate copy to the person who delivered it to the secretary of state or to that person's representative.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New Mexico Statutes Chapter 53. Corporations § 53-19-9. Filing - last updated May 06, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nm/chapter-53-corporations/nm-st-sect-53-19-9/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.