Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
A. The department shall coordinate and implement the provision of family support services. The public education department shall assist the department by identifying children in public schools who are at risk for the purpose of making family support services available to the families of those children. The department shall ensure the statewide quality of family support services by:
(1) providing standards and policies for family support services that are family-centered and that identify family strengths;
(2) monitoring the provision of family support services to ensure that the services satisfy standards established by the department;
(3) providing training for persons who provide family support services; and
(4) establishing a standardized intake process for the purpose of rapidly assessing the needs of a child and family referred for family support services.
B. A person who works in a family support services program shall:
(1) provide family support services in the family's home or any other natural setting;
(2) provide direct crisis intervention and therapeutic services, to be available twenty-four hours per day, seven days a week, as needed for each family;
(3) assist with the solution of practical problems that contribute to family stress, so as to affect improved parental performance and enhanced functioning of the family unit; and
(4) arrange for additional assistance, to the extent of available resources, for the family, including housing, child care, education and training, emergency cash grants, state and federally funded public assistance or any other basic support or social service appropriate for the family.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New Mexico Statutes Chapter 32A. Children's Code § 32A-17-4. Service delivery - last updated May 06, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nm/chapter-32a-childrens-code/nm-st-sect-32a-17-4/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?