a. Any bond ordinance to finance any local improvement, in addition to other required
provisions, shall contain:
1. a determination of the amount or the percentage of the cost which the local unit
will contribute to the payment of the cost of the local improvement;
2. a statement of the number of annual installments in which the special assessments
may be paid, not exceeding 20, or the average thereof if more than 1 local improvement
is being financed; and
3. a statement of the estimated maximum amount of the special assessments.
b. Before or after confirmation of special assessments, a local unit may authorize
and issue obligations to finance a local improvement, except that
1. a local unit may not issue bonds to finance its share of the cost of a local improvement
in excess of the amount or percentage of contribution;
2. bonds to finance the cost of a local improvement to be assessed against properties
may not be issued in excess of the stated estimated maximum amount of special assessments,
or the amount of special assessments then confirmed, unpaid and not delinquent.
c. Bonds to finance that part of the cost of a local improvement which is to be assessed
on property shall not be issued to finance any other additional purpose and shall
include in the title thereof the word “assessment”.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.