New Jersey Statutes Title 27. Highways 27 § 25A-8
Search New Jersey Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
a. All purchases, contracts or agreements made pursuant to this act shall be made or awarded directly by the authority, except as otherwise provided in this act, only after public advertisement for bids therefor in the manner provided by the authority and notwithstanding the provisions of any other laws to the contrary.
b. Any purchase, contract or agreement may be made, negotiated or awarded by the authority without public bid or advertising under the following circumstances:
(1) When the aggregate amount involved does not exceed the amount set forth in, or the amount calculated by the Governor pursuant to, section 2 of P.L.1954, c. 48 (C.52:34-7);
(2) To acquire subject matter which is described in section 4 of P.L.1954, c. 48 (C.52:34-9);
(3) To make a purchase or award or make a contract or agreement under the circumstances described in section 5 of P.L.1954, c. 48 (C.52:34-10);
(4) When the contract to be entered into is for the furnishing or performing services of a professional or technical nature or for the supplying of any product or the rendering of any service by a public utility;
(5) When the authority deems it appropriate to have any work performed by its own employees;
(6) When the authority has advertised for bids on two occasions and has received no bids on both occasions in response to its advertisement, or received no responsive bids. Any purchase, contract or agreement may then be negotiated and may be awarded to any contractor or supplier determined to be responsible except that the terms, conditions, restrictions and specifications set forth in the negotiated contract or agreement are not substantially different from those which were the subject of competitive bidding;
(7) When a piece of equipment or part thereof requires diagnostic repairs;
(8) The printing of bonds and documents necessary to the issuance and sale thereof;
(9) To contract pursuant to subsection w. of section 7 of this act; or
(10) When a purchase is to be made through or by the Director of the Division of Purchase and Property pursuant to section 1 of P.L.1959, c. 40 (C.52:27B-56.1), or through a contract made by any of the following: the New Jersey Sports and Exposition Authority established under section 4 of P.L.1971, c. 137 (C.5:10-4); the Hackensack Meadowlands Development Commission established under section 5 of P.L.1968, c. 404 (C.13:17-5); the New Jersey Highway Authority established under section 4 of P.L.1952, c. 16 (C.27:12B-4); the New Jersey Turnpike Authority established under section 3 of P.L.1948, c. 454 (C.27:23-3); the New Jersey Water Supply Authority established under section 4 of P.L.1981, c. 293 (C.58:1B-4); the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey established under R.S.32:1-4; the Delaware River Port Authority established under R.S.32:3-2; the Higher Education Student Assistance Authority established under N.J.S.18A:71A-3.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New Jersey Statutes Title 27. Highways 27 § 25A-8 - last updated February 19, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nj/title-27-highways/nj-st-sect-27-25a-8/
Was this helpful?