Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The following terms whenever used or referred to in this act have the following meanings, except where the context clearly indicates otherwise:
(a) “Commissioner” shall mean the Commissioner of the Department of Conservation and Economic Development or his designated representative.
(b) “Department” shall mean the Department of Conservation and Economic Development.
(c) “Division” shall mean the Division of Economic Development of the Department of Conservation and Economic Development.
(d) “Survey” shall mean any study of the feasibility of locating within this State a specific industrial or business concern, including but not limited to an analysis of the potential market, plant or business location, availability of raw materials or land use zone requirements, topographic characteristics, labor supply, profitability and other financial considerations.
(e) “Economic Development Agency” shall mean any county, municipality, other governmental agency or nonprofit agency, or a combination thereof, which is engaged in economic development programs to expand, locate or relocate industry and improve commerce or trade in its area of responsibility, and including but not limited to, the following:
(1) “International and Domestic Trade Agency” shall mean any nonprofit corporation, organization, association or agency that is properly designated to encourage, stimulate and advance trade between the States of the union and between nations internationally and which conducts studies, promotional programs and activities relating to the increase of production of New Jersey manufactured products.
(2) “Agricultural Marketing Agency.” This will apply to any nonprofit corporation, organization, association or agency that has been established to advance, promote and otherwise increase the marketing potential of agricultural products indigenous to its area.
(3) “Convention-Promotion Agency.” This term is defined as a nonprofit corporation that is organized to attract, promote and otherwise stimulate the convention business in its respective area.
(4) “Tourist Vacation Trade Agency.” This term is defined as any nonprofit corporation, organization, association or similar agency that is properly designated and which conducts programs to promote, advertise, study and attract the tourist visitor and improve vacation business in the area it serves.
(5) “Research and Science Advancement Agency.” This term is defined as any nonprofit corporation that has been designated to advance the interest of research, science and product development within the area it serves or within the entire State of New Jersey.
(6) “Nonprofit Agency.” This term shall apply to those agencies designated to promote and execute plans for expanding economic development, conduct studies, promotional programs and related activity to increase the economic climate of the area it serves.
(f) “Promotion.” This term is defined as including advertising, brochures, reports, exhibits, radio, television and other media to attract, stimulate and otherwise generate business in the area of service and in the category defined.
(g) “Matching Funds.” This term shall be defined as the matching of funds allocated by the State under the terms of this act to an economic development agency, and in no instance shall the matching funds exceed the amounts that the agency shall itself appropriate and expend.
(h) “Eligibility.” The term “eligibility” shall apply to the matter of any nonprofit corporation, organization, association or agency, municipality, county, other governmental agency or combination thereof that may apply to the State for financial assistance and such eligibility shall be determined by rules and regulations established by the Commissioner of Conservation and Economic Development.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New Jersey Statutes Title 13. Conservation and Development Parks and Reservations 13 § 16-3 - last updated February 19, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nj/title-13-conservation-and-development-parks-and-reservations/nj-st-sect-13-16-3/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.