Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
(a) Persons that may redeem. A debtor, any secondary obligor, or any other secured party or lienholder may redeem collateral.
(b) Requirements for redemption. To redeem collateral, a person shall tender:
(1) fulfillment of all obligations secured by the collateral; and
(2) the reasonable expenses and attorney's fees described in 12A:9-615 (a) (1).
(c) When redemption may occur. A redemption may occur at any time before a secured party:
(1) has collected collateral under 12A:9-607;
(2) has disposed of collateral or entered into a contract for its disposition under 12A:9-610; or
(3) has accepted collateral in full or partial satisfaction of the obligation it secures under 12A:9-622.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - New Jersey Statutes Title 12A. Commercial Transactions 12A § 9-623 - last updated February 19, 2021 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nj/title-12a-commercial-transactions/nj-st-sect-12a-9-623/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.