Nebraska Revised Statutes Chapter 77. Revenue and Taxation § 77-2713. Sales and use tax; failure to collect; false return; violations; penalty; statute of limitations
Search Nebraska Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
(1) Any person required under the provisions of sections 77-2701.04 to 77-2713 to collect, account for, or pay over any tax imposed by the Nebraska Revenue Act of 1967 who willfully fails to collect or truthfully account for or pay over such tax and any person who willfully attempts in any manner to evade any tax imposed by such provisions of such act or the payment thereof shall, in addition to other penalties provided by law, be guilty of a Class IV felony.
(2) Any person who willfully aids or assists in, procures, counsels, or advises the preparation or presentation of a false or fraudulent return, affidavit, claim, or document under or in connection with any matter arising under sections 77-2701.04 to 77-2713 shall, whether or not such falsity or fraud is with the knowledge or consent of the person authorized or required to present such return, affidavit, claim, or document, be guilty of a Class IV felony.
(3) A person who engages in business as a retailer in this state without a permit or permits or after a permit has been suspended and each officer of any corporation which so engages in business shall be guilty of a Class IV misdemeanor. Each day of such operation shall constitute a separate offense.
(4) Any person who gives a resale certificate to the seller for property which he or she knows, at the time of purchase, is purchased for the purpose of use rather than for the purpose of resale, lease, or rental by him or her in the regular course of business shall be guilty of a Class IV misdemeanor.
(6) Any prosecution under sections 77-2701.04 to 77-2713 shall be instituted within three years after the commission of the offense. If such offense is the failure to do an act required by any of such sections to be done before a certain date, a prosecution for such offense may be commenced not later than three years after such date. The failure to do any act required by sections 77-2701.04 to 77-2713 shall be deemed an act committed in part at the principal office of the Tax Commissioner. Any prosecution under the provisions of the Nebraska Revenue Act of 1967 may be conducted in any county where the person or corporation to whose liability the proceeding relates resides or has a place of business or in any county in which such criminal act is committed. The Attorney General shall have concurrent jurisdiction with the county attorney in the prosecution of any offenses under the provisions of the Nebraska Revenue Act of 1967.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nebraska Revised Statutes Chapter 77. Revenue and Taxation § 77-2713. Sales and use tax; failure to collect; false return; violations; penalty; statute of limitations - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ne/chapter-77-revenue-and-taxation/ne-rev-st-sect-77-2713/
Was this helpful?