Nebraska Revised Statutes Chapter 60. Motor Vehicles § 60-3202. Terms, defined
Search Nebraska Revised Statutes
Search by Keyword or Citation
For purposes of the Automatic License Plate Reader Privacy Act:
(1) Alert means data held by the Department of Motor Vehicles, each criminal justice information system maintained in this state, the Federal Bureau of Investigation National Crime Information Center, the Federal Bureau of Investigation Kidnappings and Missing Persons list, the Missing Persons Information Clearinghouse established under section 29-214.01, and license plate numbers that have been manually entered into the automatic license plate reader system upon a law enforcement officer's determination that the vehicles or individuals associated with the license plate numbers are relevant and material to an ongoing criminal or missing persons investigation;
(2) Automatic license plate reader system means one or more mobile or fixed automated high-speed cameras used in combination with computer algorithms to convert images of license plates into computer-readable data;
(3) Captured plate data means global positioning system coordinates, date and time information, photographs, license plate numbers, and any other data captured by or derived from any automatic license plate reader system;
(4) Governmental entity means a department or agency of this state, the federal government, another state, or a political subdivision or an individual acting for or as an agent of any of such entities; and
(5) Secured area means a place, enclosed by clear boundaries, to which access is limited and not open to the public and into which entry is only obtainable through specific access-control points.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nebraska Revised Statutes Chapter 60. Motor Vehicles § 60-3202. Terms, defined - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ne/chapter-60-motor-vehicles/ne-rev-st-sect-60-3202/
Was this helpful?