(1) In order for a funeral establishment to be licensed, it shall employ as its manager
a licensed funeral director and embalmer who shall be responsible for all transactions
conducted in the funeral establishment, except that any person holding a valid license
as a funeral director may serve as a manager of a funeral establishment. The manager shall maintain and operate the funeral establishment in accordance with
all laws, rules, and regulations relating thereto.
(2) If the applicant for a funeral establishment license proposes to operate more
than one establishment, a separate application and fee shall be required for each
(3) A funeral establishment desiring to relocate shall make application to the department
at least thirty days prior to the designated date of such change in location.
(4) A funeral establishment desiring to change its manager shall make application
to the department at least fifteen days prior to the designated date of such change,
except that in the case of death of a manager, the application shall be made immediately
following such death. No license shall be issued under this subsection by the department until the original
license has been surrendered.
(5) A funeral establishment desiring to change its name shall request such change
to the department at least thirty days prior to the designated change in name.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Response sent, thank you
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.