Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
For purposes of the Joint Airport Authorities Act, unless the context otherwise requires:
(1) Authority shall mean a joint airport authority which shall be a body politic and corporate organized pursuant to the act and shall be deemed to embrace the geographical area included within each municipality joining in its organization or thereafter becoming associated therewith as provided in the act;
(2) Political subdivision shall mean any county, city, or village of this state, any airport authority created by any county, city, or village pursuant to law, or any joint airport authority;
(3) Governing body, in the case of a county, shall mean the chairperson and board of commissioners or supervisors thereof, as the case may be, in the case of a city, shall mean the mayor and council thereof, in the case of a village, shall mean the chairperson and board of trustees thereof, and, in the case of an airport authority or a joint airport authority, shall mean the governing board thereof;
(4) Agreement shall mean an agreement entered into pursuant to section 3-702;
(5) Bonds shall mean bonds issued by the joint authority pursuant to the act;
(6) Board shall mean the governing body of the joint authority;
(7) Real property shall mean lands, structures, and interests in land, including lands under water and riparian rights, and any and all things and rights usually included within the term real property, including not only fee simple absolute but also any and all lesser interests, such as easements, rights-of-way, uses, leases, licenses, and all other incorporeal hereditaments and every estate, interest, or right, legal or equitable, pertaining to real property;
(8) Project shall mean any airport leased, constructed, owned, and operated by the joint authority, including all real and personal property, structures, machinery, equipment, and appurtenances or facilities which are part of such airport or used or useful in connection therewith either as ground facilities for the convenience of handling aviation equipment, passengers, and freight or as part of aviation operation, air navigation, and air safety operation;
(9) General election shall mean the statewide general election specified in section 32-403; and
(10) Primary election shall mean the statewide primary election specified in section 32-401.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nebraska Revised Statutes Chapter 3. Aeronautics § 3-701. Terms, defined - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ne/chapter-3-aeronautics/ne-rev-st-sect-3-701/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.