Skip to main content

Nebraska Revised Statutes Chapter 25. Courts; Civil Procedure § 25-2903. Terms, defined

Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.

For purposes of the Dispute Resolution Act:

(1) Approved center means a center that has applied for and received approval from the director under section 25-2909;

(2) Center means a nonprofit organization or a court-established program which makes dispute resolution procedures and restorative justice services available;

(3) Council means the Advisory Council on Dispute Resolution;

(4) Director means the Director of the Office of Dispute Resolution;

(5) Dispute resolution process means a process by which the parties involved in a dispute voluntarily agree to enter into informal discussion and negotiation with the assistance of a mediator;

(6) Mediation means the intervention into a dispute by a third party who has no decisionmaking authority and is impartial to the issues being discussed;

(7) Mediator means a person trained in the process of mediation who assists parties in dispute to reach a mutually acceptable resolution of their conflict;

(8) Office means the Office of Dispute Resolution;

(9) Restorative justice facilitator means a person trained to facilitate restorative justice practices as a staff member or affiliate of an approved center;  and

(10) Restorative justice means practices, programs, or services described in section 25-2912.01 that emphasize repairing the harm caused to victims and the community by persons who have caused the harm or committed an offense.

Cite this article: - Nebraska Revised Statutes Chapter 25. Courts; Civil Procedure § 25-2903. Terms, defined - last updated January 01, 2019 |

FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.

Copied to clipboard