Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In addition to other duties imposed upon him or her by or pursuant to the County Civil Service Act, it shall be the duty of the county personnel officer:
(1) To apply and carry out the act and the rules and regulations adopted thereunder;
(2) To attend meetings of the personnel policy board and to act as its secretary and keep minutes of its proceedings;
(3) To establish and maintain a roster of all employees in the classified service, in which there shall be set forth as to each employee the class title, pay, or status, and other pertinent data;
(4) To appoint such employees of his or her office and such experts and special assistants as may be necessary to carry out effectively the act;
(5) To foster and develop, in cooperation with appointing authorities and others, programs for the improvement of employee effectiveness, including training, safety, health, counseling, and welfare;
(6) To encourage and exercise leadership in the development of effective personnel administration with the several county agencies, departments, and institutions; and
(7) To perform such other lawful acts as he or she may consider necessary or desirable to carry out the purposes and provisions of the County Civil Service Act.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - Nebraska Revised Statutes Chapter 23. County Government and Officers § 23-2524. County personnel officer; duties - last updated January 01, 2019 | https://codes.findlaw.com/ne/chapter-23-county-government-and-officers/ne-rev-st-sect-23-2524/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.