(a) A foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this state may change
its registered office or registered agent by delivering to the Secretary of State
for filing a statement of change that sets forth:
(1) Its name;
(2) The street address of its current registered office;
(3) If the current registered office is to be changed, the street address of its new
(4) The name and street address of its current registered agent. A post office box number may be provided in addition to the street address;
(5) If the current registered agent is to be changed, the name of its new registered
agent and the new agent's written consent (either on the statement or attached to
it) to the appointment; and
(6) That after the change or changes are made, the street addresses of its registered
office and the office of its registered agent will be identical.
(b) If a registered agent changes the street address of its business office, the agent
may change the address of the registered office of any foreign corporation for which
the agent is the registered agent by notifying the corporation in writing of the change
and signing (either manually or in facsimile) and delivering to the Secretary of State
for filing a statement of change that complies with the requirements of subsection
(a) of this section and recites that the corporation has been notified of the change.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.