(1) Every other corporation party to the merger merges into the surviving corporation
and the separate existence of every corporation except the surviving corporation ceases;
(2) The title to all real estate and other property owned by each corporation party
to the merger is vested in the surviving corporation without reversion or impairment
subject to any and all conditions to which the property was subject prior to the merger;
(3) The surviving corporation has all liabilities and obligations of each corporation
party to the merger;
(4) A proceeding pending against any corporation party to the merger may be continued
as if the merger did not occur or the surviving corporation may be substituted in
the proceeding for the corporation whose existence ceased; and
(5) The articles of incorporation and bylaws of the surviving corporation are amended
to the extent provided in the plan of merger.
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.