In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. “Company” means the workforce safety and insurance company or other organization
established by the organization to provide additional workforce safety and insurance
2. “Employers' liability coverage” means an insurance product that provides coverage
for injury-related claims suffered by an employee that are not covered by title 65.
3. “Extraterritorial workforce safety and insurance coverage” means coverage provided
under section 65-08-01.
4. “Incidental operations” means operations of an employer for fewer than thirty days
in a state with which the employer has no other significant contacts.
5. “Other states insurance” means an insurance product that provides workforce safety
and insurance coverage to an employer for that employer's employee while the employee
is working at an incidental operation in a state in which the employee is eligible
to file for workforce safety and insurance benefits if the employee suffers a work-related
illness or injury or dies as a result of work activities in that state.
6. “Principally localized” means the employer has a place of business in this state,
the employee regularly works at or from that place of business, the employment contract
is entered in that state, and in case of an employee leasing company, the company
retains control over the employee and does not lease the employee to an out-of-state
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.
Was this helpful?
Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes
A free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.