Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
The organization shall:
1. Appoint a director of rehabilitation services and such other staff as necessary to fulfill the purposes of this chapter.
2. Cooperate with such federal or state agency as shall be charged with vocational education, vocational rehabilitation, and job placement in order that any duplication of effort can be avoided, as far as possible, in any individual claim.
3. Make determinations on individual claims as to the extent and duration of the organization involvement under this chapter.
4. Enter into such agreements with other agencies and promulgate any rules or regulations as may be necessary or advantageous in order to carry out the purpose of this chapter.
5. Provide such rehabilitation services and allowances as may be determined by the organization to be most beneficial to the worker within the limits of this chapter.
6. Establish medical assessment teams, the composition of which must be determined by the organization on a case-by-case basis, as the nature of the injury may require, for the purpose of assessing the worker's physical restrictions and limitations. The medical assessment team must be provided the medical records compiled by the worker's treating health care providers. The medical assessment team may consult the worker's treating health care providers prior to making its final assessment of the worker's functional capacities. The provisions of section 65-05-28 do not apply to the medical findings made under this section.
7. Determine and report on a case-by-case basis, as the nature of the injury may require, for the purpose of assessing the worker's transferable skills, employment options, and the physical demand characteristics of the worker's employment options, and determining which option available under subdivisions a through f of subsection 4 of section 65-05.1-01 will enable the worker to return to employment within the physical restrictions and limitations provided by the medical assessment team.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Dakota Century Code Title 65. Workforce Safety and Insurance § 65-05.1-02. Organization responsibility - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nd/title-65-workforce-safety-and-insurance/nd-cent-code-sect-65-05-1-02/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.