Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. “Assisted living facility” means a building or structure containing a series of at least five living units operated as one entity to provide services for five or more individuals who are not related by blood, marriage, or guardianship to the owner or manager of the entity and which is kept, used, maintained, advertised, or held out to the public as a place that provides or coordinates individualized support services to accommodate the individual's needs and abilities to maintain as much independence as possible. An assisted living facility does not include a facility that is a congregate housing facility, licensed as a basic care facility, or licensed under chapter 23-16 or 25-16 or section 50-11-01.4.
2. “Department” means the department of human services.
3. “Entity” means an individual, institution, organization, limited liability company, or corporation, whether or not organized for profit.
4. “Individualized support services” means services provided to individuals who may require assistance with the activities of daily living of bathing, dressing, toileting, transferring, eating, medication management, and personal hygiene.
5. “Living unit” means a portion of an assisted living facility that contains a sleeping area, an entry door that can be locked, and a private bath with a toilet, bathtub or shower, and sink and which is occupied as the living quarters of an individual who has entered into a lease agreement with the assisted living facility.
6. “Related by blood or marriage to the owner or manager” means an individual who is a spouse or former spouse of the owner or manager or is a parent, stepparent, grandparent, stepgrandparent, child, stepchild, grandchild, stepgrandchild, brother, sister, half-brother, half-sister, stepbrother, or stepsister of the owner or manager or the owner's or manager's spouse or former spouse.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Dakota Century Code Title 50. Public Welfare § 50-32-01. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nd/title-50-public-welfare/nd-cent-code-sect-50-32-01/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.