Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in sections 49-03-01 through 49-03-01.5:
1. “Electric provider” means either an electric public utility or a rural electric cooperative.
2. “Electric public utility” means a privately owned supplier of electricity offering to supply or supplying electricity to the general public.
3. “Electric transmission line” means facilities for conducting electric energy at a design voltage of one hundred fifteen kilovolts or greater phase to phase and more than one mile [1.61 kilometers] long.
4. “Electric transmission provider” means an owner or operator, other than a rural electric cooperative, of a transmission line the costs of which are recovered directly or indirectly through transmission charges to an electric public utility.
5. “Person” includes an individual, an electric public utility, a corporation, a limited liability company, an association, or a rural electric cooperative.
6. “Rural electric cooperative” includes any electric cooperative organized under chapter 10-13. An electric cooperative, composed of members as prescribed by law, shall not be deemed to be an electric public utility.
7. “Service area” means a defined geographic area containing existing or future service locations established by an agreement among electric providers and approved by the commission.
8. “Service area agreement” means an agreement between electric providers establishing service areas and designating service locations to be served by each provider under section 49-03-06.
9. “Service location” means the structures, facilities, or improvements on a parcel of real property to which electric service may be provided.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Dakota Century Code Title 49. Public Utilities § 49-03-01.5. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nd/title-49-public-utilities/nd-cent-code-sect-49-03-01-5/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.