Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
With respect to correction of a filed record:
1. Whenever a record authorized by this chapter to be filed with the secretary of state has been filed and inaccurately records the action referred to in the record, contains an inaccurate or erroneous statement, or was defectively or erroneously signed, sealed, acknowledged, or verified, the record may be corrected by filing a statement of correction.
2. A statement of correction:
(1) Be signed by:
(a) The person that signed the original record; or
(b) By a person authorized to sign on behalf of that person;
(2) Set forth the name of the limited liability partnership that filed the record;
(3) Identify the record to be corrected by description and by the date of its filing with the secretary of state;
(4) Identify the inaccuracy, error, or defect to be corrected; and
(5) Set forth a statement in corrected form of the portion of the record to be corrected.
b. May not revoke or nullify the record.
3. The statement of correction must be filed with the secretary of state.
4. With respect to the effective date of correction:
a. A certificate issued by the secretary of state before a record is corrected, with respect to the effect of filing the original record, is considered to be applicable to the record as corrected as of the date the record as corrected is considered to have been filed under this subsection.
b. After a statement of correction has been filed with the secretary of state, the original record as corrected is considered to have been filed:
(1) On the date the statement of correction was filed:
(a) As to persons adversely affected by the correction; and
(b) For the purposes of subsections 3 and 4 of section 45-10.2-06; and
(2) On the date the original record was filed as to all other persons and for all other purposes.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Dakota Century Code Title 45. Partnerships § 45-22-23.2. Correcting a filed record - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nd/title-45-partnerships/nd-cent-code-sect-45-22-23-2/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.