Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
As used in this chapter, unless the context or subject matter otherwise requires:
1. “Addiction counseling” means the provision of counseling or assessment of an individual regarding a substance-related or addictive disorder identified by the “Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders”, American psychiatric association, fifth edition, text revision (2013).
2. “Board” means the board of addiction counseling examiners.
3. “Clinical training” means training in addiction counseling, approved by the board.
4. “Internship” means work experience in a licensed addiction treatment facility under the supervision of a clinical supervisor registered by the board.
5. “Licensee” means an individual licensed by the board to practice addiction counseling.
6. “Private practice of addiction counseling” means the independent practice of addiction counseling by a qualified individual who is self-employed on a full-time or part-time basis and is responsible for that independent practice. Consultation services provided to an organization or agency are not the private practice of addiction counseling.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Dakota Century Code Title 43. Occupations and Professions § 43-45-01. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nd/title-43-occupations-and-professions/nd-cent-code-sect-43-45-01/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.