Welcome to FindLaw's Cases & Codes, a free source of state and federal court opinions, state laws, and the United States Code. For more information about the legal concepts addressed by these cases and statutes, visit FindLaw's Learn About the Law.
1. “Board” means the North Dakota board of massage therapy.
2. a. “Massage” means the practice of massage therapy by the manual application of a system of structured touch to the soft tissues of the human body, including:
(1) Assessment, evaluation, or treatment;
(2) Pressure, friction, stroking, rocking, gliding, kneading, percussion, or vibration;
(3) Active or passive stretching of the body within the normal anatomical range of movement;
(4) Use of manual methods or mechanical or electrical devices or tools that mimic or enhance the action of human hands;
(5) Use of topical applications such as lubricants, scrubs, or herbal preparations; and
(6) Use of hot or cold applications.
b. Except as provided in this chapter, “massage” does not include diagnosis or other services that require a license to practice medicine or surgery, osteopathic medicine, chiropractic, occupational therapy, physical therapy, or podiatry and does not include service provided by professionals who act under their state-issued professional license, certification, or registration.
3. “Massage establishment” means any place of business in which massage is practiced.
4. “Massage therapist” means an individual licensed to practice massage.
5. “Remote education” means asynchronous education that is not in person, live, or presented in real time.
Cite this article: FindLaw.com - North Dakota Century Code Title 43. Occupations and Professions § 43-25-02. Definitions - last updated January 01, 2020 | https://codes.findlaw.com/nd/title-43-occupations-and-professions/nd-cent-code-sect-43-25-02/
FindLaw Codes may not reflect the most recent version of the law in your jurisdiction. Please verify the status of the code you are researching with the state legislature or via Westlaw before relying on it for your legal needs.